Friday, October 21, 2022

Watershed Tools to Use

 Watershed management and monitoring tools are essential in today’s assessment of watersheds and wetland areas.  The tools used will help give us data to compile and look for trends.  The area that I have been researching is the Intracoastal Waterway in Socastee, SC.  My property backs up to the wetlands.  I own 65 feet of wetlands at the back of my property and 35 feet of wetlands to the right side of my property.  Some tools I would like to use in assessing the wetlands are as follows:

Ø  Google Earth

o   This online platform can be used to look at trending topography and flood plains.  Having this platform, it can show us water flow and the use of the land.  Being a free service, Google Earth is essential in understanding your area from an aerial view.

Ø  Dynatrace

o   This online monitoring system is a paid service to cover your monitoring needs for application performance, digital experience, business analytics, AIOps, and infrastructure monitoring.  This service would be able to help provide data.

Ø  USDA

o   This is a GIS-based tool for hydrologic modeling.  A great way to assess watershed runoff and erosion.  Water resource management is essential in any watershed assessment and study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Wetlands in My Area

Wetlands located in Socastee, South Carolina